The Ba Vang Pagoda Spring Festival opened in Uong Bi city on February 8 (or the 9th day of the first lunar month of 2014).
Prominent among those were Deputy Secretary of the provincial Party Committee cum Chairman of the provincial People’s Council Nguyen Duc Long, Vice Chairwoman of the provincial People’s Committee Vu Thi Thu Thuy.
The opening ceremony was attended by thousands of Buddhist dignitaries, monks, nuns, followers and visitors.
The festival consists of a ceremony to offer incense and pray for a peaceful country and prosperous people and a wide variety of religious and cultural activities, including sounding the drum, dragon dance, cheo singing performances, etc.
As a destination belongs to Yen Tu landscape, Ba Vang Pagoda was built in 1706 under the dynasty of King Le Du Tong. Its founder is Zen Master Mahasamon – Tue Bich Pho Giac. Many valuable historical and cultural relic made by stone, ceramics dating from the thirteenth and fourteenth century have been currently displayed at the pagoda.
Through the ups and downs of history, changes of time and the ravages of nature, the original pagoda was no longer present. It was restored in 1988 and rebuilt in 1993 in order to meet the demand for religious activities and beliefs of the local people and tourists. As planned, the ribbon-cutting ceremony of the new Ba Vang Pagoda (the first phase) will be held on March 9, 2014